– Compact 10cm x 7.2cm Pico-ITX form factor
– 800MHz Cortex-A9 SoC onboard
– 4GB on-board eMMC Flash memory
– Supports integrated graphics processing (GPU) for 2D/3D graphics acceleration
– Flawless HD video performance up to 1080p
– Supports up to three USB 2.0 ports
– Mini HDMI, on-board DVO
– 1GB DDR3 SDRAM on-board
– WiFi connectivity support (optional)
– Wide operating temperature range of 0°C up to 60°C
– Touch screen support
– Android and Linux Software Development Packages
Based on the ultra-compact Pico-ITX form factor measuring just 10 cm x 7.2 cm, the VIA VAB-600 integrates a low power 800MHz ARM Cortex-A9 SoC and is packed with advanced multimedia features, including a built-in multi-standard decoder for playback support of the most demanding video formats in resolutions of up to 1080p.
The VIA VAB-600 includes a wide array of rear I/O features, including one Mini HDMI port, two Mini-USB 2.0 ports, one 10/100 Ethernet port, and one 12~24V DC-in jack. Other onboard features include 4GB eMMC Flash memory, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, one DVO connector, two COM ports (one for TX/RX only), SPI, one USB 2.0 connector, one Mini Card slot touch screen support, front pin headers for line-in/out and MIC-in, I2C and GPIO pin header.
The VIA VAB- 600 is designed in an enormous way with multiple ports for using USB and HDMI. Additionally, the touch screen option is available for this springboard and this is purely a height of technological enhancements. Do you agree? It is a spontaneous yes. The development in technology helps the people to produce more software products in a very easy and reliable manner. This is truly amazing.
Combining a wide operating temperature range of 0°C up to 60°C with extremely low power consumption, the VIA VAB-600 is designed to operate in even the most extreme environments. The board also has a one-year warrantee and longevity support of three years.
Software Development Packages
You can download the following Android and Linux firmware (kernel + bootloader) to configure the VIA VAB-600 as well as associated software development tools.
– Springboard Android Software Development Package
- Springboard Linux Software Development Package
– Springboard Linux (Debian) Evaluation Package
– Springboard Linux (Console) Evaluation Package
For complete technical and set up information about the VIA VAB-600, you can download the following documents here:
– VIA VAB-600 Datasheet
- VIA VAB-600 User’s Manual
VIA VAB-600 Springboard Kits
The VIA VAB-600 can be purchased in the following Springboard kits:
– VIA VAB-600 Springboard Kit: $99
– VIA VAB-600 Springboard WiFi Kit: $129